How Mice Get Inside
Mice can enter a home or business in many different ways:
- Any gap around the structure the width of a dime is an open door. Since mice can compress their bodies, if one can get its head through, the rest will follow!
- It’s important to make sure the foundation has no cracks or gaps, especially around the air conditioner inlets, doors and windows.
- Mice have tiny claws that allow them to scale up buildings with ease, so upper-perimeter gaps need to be sealed as well.
- Keeping tree branches and other plant life trimmed away from the home will also help keep these small pests from entering the roof line.
- Mice can also enter the home through the garage. Nine out of ten homes have small gaps in the garage door seal near the edges which allow easy entry for mice.
- Mice can also enter through doorways when doors are left open or have broken seals.
- Making sure foods are stored and sealed properly and general household cleanliness will help deter mice. Mice prefer cereals more than other food items, though they will feed on a wide variety of foods. Mice sometimes search for foods high in fat and protein, such as lard, butter, nuts, bacon, and meat.
If you start to suspect a mouse problem in your home or business, it is important to resolve it quickly before you’re dealing with a serious infestation!
What proof. Professionals Do To Get Rid Of Mice
proof. pest control provides both mouse control and eradication services including exclusion, baiting, trapping, and removal services:
- Our Pest Free Guarantee™ is a seasonal service that provides year-round protection against mice, plus ants, wasps and 30+ other common pests.
- We also offer a dedicated Rodent Control service plan, that can be customized to only treat an existing infestation (usually done over 2 service visits) or provide ongoing protection against future rodent infestations (usually done with ongoing seasonal services).
Whether you have a confirmed mouse problem or you are merely hearing scratching noises, we can diagnose the problem and create a custom solution for you! Call us today at (888) 658-5191.